[APAC-Discuss] Individual Member Discussion

Amal Ramzi aurora96 at ymail.com
Thu Oct 22 13:35:53 UTC 2015

Dear Maureen,
I thought we can comment on the workspace. Anyway, I'll state my comment by replying to your email.
- I think individual membership should be accepted only if there is no ALS in the country of the individual who may be the founder of his/her country's ALS . Otherwise S/he is asked to join an  ALS in his country .
- As for the criteria of accepting the individual membership according to their related affiliations or ICANN awareness, I think there should be an application for for individuals that includes some questions measuring the level and the type of the individual's involvement and background about ICANN or internet issues as the ALAC will decide .
-  Yes, I support imposing a timeframed membership for both ALSes & individuals to activate the members roles within APRALO.
- I think the individual membership should be encouraged as well as ALSes, 'cause it leads to encourage more ALSes that might be come out by those individuals. So, individual membership shouldn't be that hard and nor that easy. Individuals affiliate to some organizations or associations may be accepted at first as individuals in order to be familiar with APRALO and be able to apply on behalf of their affiliations to represent an ALS. And the timeframed membership will make it easy to filter the individual & ALSes members regularly.
That was my opinion limited to my knowledge.
Thank you .
Best Regards,     Amal Al-saqqaf
ISOC-YemenSana'a - YEMENMobile: +967 733952811Email:    amalramzi88 at yahoo.com             contact at isoc.yeWebsite:   http://www.isoc.ye/
LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/amalalsaqqaf