[APAC-Discuss] Updates from monthly call

Siranush Vardanyan siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 24 05:38:48 UTC 2015

Dear APRALO members,
Thank you all those who were able to join our July monthly call. I was delighted seeing many ALSs joining for the meeting. During the call we have discussed several things, and I would like to share with you some highlights.
1. We have brainstormed related the individual members procedure of joining APRALO. We are currently in the process of discussions on the establishment of accreditation/admission  procedures for Individual members. The wiki space is created and we welcome everyone to comment how you would see the admission of individual users in APRALO community. The direct link to the wiki space is here:
https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Rules+of+Procedures+Review+2015-+Individual+membership
We encourage you all provide your input on this topic. Your comments will be incorporated in the draft proposal which Cheryl will be preparing, based on APRALO Rules of Procedures.
2. During last monthly call we also talked about how you can be involved in the different working groups within At-Large. Below is the list of all working groups currently active with the direct links to every single working group. Please, visit them, learn what they are doing and join to the ones you think you can contribute. Unless stated otherwise, all working groups are open to everyone regardless of people's membership status in At-Large.ALAC Subcommittees * Finance and Budget: https://community.icann.org/x/n4XT (membership byappointment) * Metrics: https://community.icann.org/x/HJfbAQ* Outreach and Engagement: https://community.icann.org/x/cqfbAQ* Selection of Members: https://community.icann.org/x/QpDhAg (membership byappointment) Standing At-Large Working Groups* Capacity Building: https://community.icann.org/x/1Ic3Ag* IDN Policy: https://community.icann.org/x/qIsi* New gTLDs: https://community.icann.org/x/8Yoi* Registration Issues: https://community.icann.org/x/Cy6fAg* Social Media: https://community.icann.org/x/nIrhAg* Technical Issues: https://community.icann.org/x/RJEiAd-Hoc At-Large Working Groups* Academy: https://community.icann.org/x/OACzAQ* Accessibility: https://community.icann.org/x/MoHFAg* At-Large Review: https://community.icann.org/x/aZMQAw* ATLAS II Implementation Taskforce: https://community.icann.org/x/tgjxAg* Community Regional Outreach Pilot Program Review:https://community.icann.org/x/5xyfAg (membership by appointment)* IANA Transition & ICANN Accountability:https://community.icann.org/x/OYThAg* New Meeting Strategy: https://community.icann.org/x/h4E0Aw* Technology Taskforce: https://community.icann.org/x/FpfbAQ* Website Revamp: https://community.icann.org/x/tMPhAgThe list above is published on this page:https://community.icann.org/x/loIi.
3.  This is also a reminder about the upcoming webinar, which is very important especially for the newly joined ALSs. Please join us for the APRALO-APAC Hub Webinar “Basic DNS and DNS Ecosystem Webinar" taking place on 30 July 2015 at 05:00 UTC. Invited Speaker:·         Steve Sheng - Director, SSAC & RSSAC Advisory Development Support, Policy DevelopmentDraft Agenda:1.       1. Unique Internet identifiers: MAC and IP addresses, ARP2.       2. Root Servers 3.       3. Domain name registration process 4.       4. Domain name resolution process 5.       5. DNS Security & Stability6.       6. Q&A The draft agenda (to be updated) and call details are available at: https://community.icann.org/x/W4BCAw ADIGO Conference ID:EN: 1638 ADIGO dial-in numbers: https://adigo.com/icann/Adobe Connect (with two-way audio in English): http://icann.adobeconnect.com/apralo If you require a dial-out please contact At-Large staff at staff at atlarge.icann.org with your preferred number.

Thank you very much and looking forward to your contribution. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Sincerely,

Siranush
APRALO Chair