[APAC-Discuss] APRALO February activities

Siranush Vardanyan siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 19 07:12:46 UTC 2015

Correction:  Happy New lunar year of the goat!!! Sorry for misspelling:)

Best
Siranush
From: siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
To: apac-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org
Subject: APRALO February activities
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 06:55:10 +0000

Dear APRALO members,
First of all, Happy New Year to all my colleagues, who are celebrating it now. Let this new year of Ghost bring prosperity to your families.
I also would like to inform you that we have done another amazing Showcase in Singapore to Celebrate our Diversity. Without a huge support from our ALSs it wouldn't be possible to have another great event. I would like to thank those who were present in person and also all those who were not able in Singapore, together we showed our spirit, this was an event, which showed everyone that APRALO is a great team of people working together to make Internet a safe place for all.
I have also posted our monthly report, which you can view here https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Secretariat+Reports+2015, with highlight of activities we are currently involved. As may also know within the framework of APAC Hub-APRALO Framework we are planning to run a series of capacity building webinars, available for Asia Pacific ALSs. We have taken into consideration the topics, you have sent us. ICANN Singapore staff together with APRALO Leadership team is currently finalizing the process and you will received the additional information about the Capacity building program, initiated specially for you and for your ALSs to learn more about ICANN process.
Please, also be aware that soon we are planning to send you a very small survey, which will take only 3 minutes of your time, to identify the expertise available in our ALSs. Please, do not ignore the request to fill out the survey when it comes. This information will help us to identify the areas you are interested in and better coordinate our participation in different ICANN related activities and working groups.
I would like to send the special appreciation to ISOC Malaysia, particularly to Dr. Hussaidi Hassan, for a huge support in bring to Singapore the amazing Dikir Barat troupe from Sekolah Menengah Sains Kubang Pasu school. This was the best performance ever and great fun for all our guests in Singapore.
Once again accept my great appreciation for being an APRALO member.
And HAPPY NEW YEAR, looking forward to another year of fruitful collaboration.
Sincerely,
SiranushAPRALO Chair