[APAC-Discuss] Special APRALO Community Finance and Budget Requests

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Sat Dec 26 22:18:57 UTC 2015

Dear APRALO ALS members

*re APRALO Proposals for the Finance & Budget Steering Committee (FBSC) for
FY17*

The application period for ALSes to propose "Special Community Requests"
for the financial year - 1 July 2016 to 30 June 2017 (FY17) - is now open.

We invite our ALSes to make proposals regarding budget assistance for
regional community activities using the template link below. Proposals must
be received by the APRALO Leadership Team before 15 January. The final
proposal document from APRALO must go to the FBSC by 22 January 2016.

Please check the At-Large FY17 Budget Development Workspace for important
application details <
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY17+Budget+Development+Workspace>
. Some conditions for these requests are summarised below:

1.*Proposals should include ways that will make the ALAC and/or the
At-Large community more effective, and to develop the At-Large community*

2. Activities to improve ENGAGEMENT are encouraged

3. Activities that focus on OUTREACH are  not. Applications for outreach
may probably be better served by the CROP (community regional outreach
programme)

4. Proposals requiring specific communication resources for community
activities (other than those supported through the core ICANN budget)  should
be prepared and submitted.

All APRALO proposals must first be reviewed by the RALO Leadership Team
(c/o siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com ) according to the APRALO Strategic
plan, before the final list of proposals are sent to the FBSC.

Please send in your ideas via the FY17 Community Requests Template.docx
<https://community.icann.org/download/attachments/56987383/FY17%20Community%20Requests%20Template.docx?version=1&modificationDate=1450326295000&api=v2>.
We look forward to an active programme of activities in our region during
the Financial Year 2016-2017.
.

Regards

Maureen Hilyard and Ali AlMeshal