[APAC-Discuss] Request for APRALO feedback for the Capacity Building WG

Maureen Hilyard hilyard at oyster.net.ck
Fri Sep 26 18:00:37 UTC 2014

Hello everyone

It is only two weeks to the Los Angeles meeting and we would like to get
updated feedback for our CAPACITY BUILDING WG meeting in LA.

Siranush, Yasiuchi and I have just participated in the monthly CBWG call. We
have been asked to address the ATLASII recommendations that were assigned to
the CBWG. Our main objective is - "Who is engaging with our capacity
building programmes and how effective have they been?"  We would really
appreciate your feedback on the following questions to help us build an
appropriate plan for the future, and to provide the Board with some
costings.

Question 1: What capacity building programmes have you participated in since
you became a member of At-Large?

Question 2: Did the courses/webinars, etc help you understand more about
your role in ICANN? Was there anything else we could have provided?

Question 3: (these are from the ATLAS II recommendations)  What should ICANN
do to:

1.       Help you find your way around the ICANN Knowledge Management System
eg community.icann.org?

2.       Measure the effectiveness of our volunteer (ACs, SOs, ALS)
communities?

3.       Facilitate multi-lingual engagement?

4.       Build a helpful capacity building programme for newcomers?

Please return your responses to me (hilyard at oyster.net.ck) before Weds 1
October 2014 J. Many thanks in advance.

Maureen, Siranush, Yasiuchi.