[APAC-Discuss] Update on selection of APRALo Leaders for 2014-16

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Fri May 30 02:26:25 UTC 2014

Following my previous email on this matter prior to our May monthly
meeting...
Your attention is drawn to the following Wiki page
https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Leadership+Selections+2014
<https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Leadership+Selections+2014>where
the listing of proposed and supported people to hold various Leadership
Positions in our APRALO Leadership Team (AP-LT) has just been updated.
Please Review this page and if you have any contention points  raise them
to this loist before 2359 UTC on Tue 3rd June.

The following excerpt from that page is explanatory.

*Nominations:* *Self-nominations are welcome. When received and posted,
self-nominations will be deemed to also act as formal acceptance of
'nomination'.*

*The following 'slate' of people were proposed for these roles via the
APRALO mail list for deliberation by the Region prior to the May 27th
Regional Conference Call where all proposed selections were discussed and
overwhelmingly supported by the unanimous agreement  all those present at
the meeting (NB. the meeting was quorate)  It was further agreed that these
positions will however stay "open" until Tue 3rd June for any additional
comment or considerations  by RALO Members who were unable to attend this
meeting; (as usual with any consensus call via our list silence will be
counted as agreement to the proposal, and any contention should be sent to
the AP-Discuss Mailing list by 2369hrs UTC on Tue 234d 2014 .  Therefore if
there is no contention to these proposed selections  then at this time all
roles will be deemed to be finally selected and the members of the new
2014-20126 AP-LT will be considered in their Roles as 'Elect' until formal
confirmation of these appointment during the APRALO General Assembly to be
held in London on Wednesday 25 June 11:00 - 13:00.*

1. *An ALAC Representative for 2 year term ending in November 2016* - Holly
currently serves in this role and she is willing and able to continue for
another term. Proposed Holly Raiche
<https://community.icann.org/display/%7Eholly.raiche>

2. *The APRALO Chair to serve a 2 year term ending in November 2016* -
Siranush is currently Acting Chair having stepped in for Holly and it is
proposed by the current Leadership of the RALO, that she continue in this
role for another complete term of office. Proposed Siranush Vardanyan
<https://community.icann.org/display/%7Esiranush.vardanyan>

3.* A  Vice Chair to serve a 2 year term ending in November 2016* - Fouad
currently serves in this role and the suggestion is that Ali would be
proposed for this role. Proposed Ali AlMeshal
<https://community.icann.org/display/%7Eali.almeshal>

4. *A Vice Chair to serve a 1 year term ending in October 2015* - this is
currently "vacant" as Siranush held this role but stepped in as Acting
Chair when Holly resigned her role in this capacity, earlier this year and
the suggestion is that Satish would be proposed for this role. Proposed Satish
Babu <https://community.icann.org/display/%7Esatish.babu>.

Rationale: Noting that all the aforementioned people are highly active
either in the roles already or in APRALO activities, and all have offered
or agreed to serve in these roles, this would mean that the APRALO
Leadership team would have the best possible geographic and time zone
spread as well as gender equity that we can manage for our Region as the
two RALO Reps and Chair (Female) and the two new Vice Chairs and our
Secretary (Male) would be a 3:3 ratio that covers most of our Geo sub
regions

 *Cheryl Langdon-O**rr ...  *(CLO)

about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr
[image: Cheryl Langdon-Orr on about.me]