[APAC-Discuss] March Monthly meeting updates

Siranush Vardanyan siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 27 02:44:34 UTC 2014

Dear APRALO members,
This e-mail provides you some updates and highlights of our region during March and particularly during the ICANN meeting in Singapore.
1. APRALO Showcase in Singapore - Enormous efforts were put together by APRALO Showcase organizing committee members for the preparation for APRALO Showcase in Singapore, which was the full success, having "the most wonderful showcase ever", mentioned by different people and all members of this committee have a very big input in this success (you can view pics from our showcase at https://www.flickr.com/photos/glennmcknight/sets/72157642954212553).
2. MOUs with APNIC and APTLD: One of the major highlights of this month was the official signing an MOUs firstly with our Regional Internet Registry, APNIC, and secondly with our Regional  APTLD. These agreements will strengthen the relationship that APRALO has, and can continue into the future with these important regional partners.
3. APRALO ROP Charter: During March the APRALO ROP WG holds one conference call and worked through e-mail to prepare the final draft of the New APRALO Rules of Procedure 2014, which has been sent to AP members for review on March 8. On March 22 the consensus call to the list was opened to invite all ALSs representatives to provide their support or otherwise for the document. No objections had been received before the monthly call. On March 26 during the monthly call actual voting took place and APRALO unanimously adopted APRALO new Rules of Procedures 2014. The individual memberships with the new procedures developed and will be outreached to announce about opening the APRALO for individual members to join.
4. ATLAS II in London: This is what we will be working with all of you during the upcoming months in order to have another efficient meeting in London. I am sending a call to all of you to join to ATLAS II different working groups. Please, note that several pre-ATLAS II activities will be planned for all of us to prepare all of ALSs representatives to come to London as much informed as possible. I will encourage each and every ALS representative who assigned to receive a travel support to come to London, be very active and starting your involvement already from now by joining the WGs and following the information coming up soon related to Capacity Building program and several other pre-London activities.
Finally, please, be aware that APRALO Monthly meeting report for March is posted in Wiki for your review as well: https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+Monthly+Reports+2014
Thank you very much for your cooperation and support.
Sincerely,
Siranush
Siranush VardanyanAPRALO Acting Chair