[APAC-Discuss] Arab IGF III -- Beirut, Lebanon -- November 26-27, 2014

Fahd Batayneh fahd.batayneh at icann.org
Tue Jul 22 16:33:38 UTC 2014

Friends and Colleagues,

I am pleased to inform you that the 3rd edition of the Arab IGF will take
place in Beirut, Lebanon during November 26-27, 2014 at the Mövenpick Beirut
Hotel
<http://www.moevenpick-hotels.com/en/middle-east/lebanon/beirut/hotel-beirut
/overview/?gclid=CK_q16Wq2b8CFennwgod6kgAEA>  with a generous host from the
UN-ESCWA. The theme for this year’s edition is “An Arab Vision for the
Development of the Future Internet”. The official announcement in Arabic can
be found at http://beta.igfarab.org/GetNews.jsp?news_ID=25. There are plans
for a day-0 on November 25 where an introduction to Internet Governance will
be covered, but this is pending availability of funds.

Also, for those interested in organizing a workshop, there is a call for
workshops at http://beta.igfarab.org/GetNews?news_ID=24. Again, the link is
in Arabic. The deadline for workshop calls is August 20, 2014.

The registration for the 3rd Arab IGF will open in mid-September right after
the 7th Arab IGF MAG meeting and the Global IGF both to convene in Istanbul.

Finally, for those interested in following the work of the Arab IGF, I’d
strongly recommend subscribing to their mailing list at
http://igfarab.org/index.php/mailing-list/. Announcements are posted in both
Arabic and English, and most of the discussions are in English.

Thank you,

Fahd Batayneh

Arab IGF MAG Member