[APAC-Discuss] APRICOT meeting

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Thu Jan 23 06:00:31 UTC 2014

Dear All,

Kindly note that the APRICOT meeting will not be held in Thailand and the
venue has shifted to Malaysia due to the unrest and the State of Emergency.
Given that it will be in KL, I would encourage the ALS in Malaysia to
attend if they wish to.

For more information, see a copy of their notification below:

APRICOT 2014 is moving to Malaysia

Following the decision to move APRICOT 2014 from Bangkok earlier this
week, APIA and APNIC announce today that APRICOT 2014 will now be held
in Petaling Jaya, Malaysia. Petaling Jaya is a satellite city of Kuala
Lumpur and is accessible via Kuala Lumpur International Airport.

While it was the strong intention of APIA and APNIC to hold APRICOT 2014
in Thailand, the announcement of a 60-day State of Emergency by the Thai
Government in Bangkok, advice from our local hosts, and the subsequent
upgrading of Thailand’s travel warnings by international governments
means that hosting APRICOT 2014 in Thailand is now not possible.

We apologize for any inconvenience this change in location will cause
for our delegates.

*APRICOT 2014 will be held at Sunway Resort Hotel & Spa in Petaling Jaya,*

*Malaysia. All registrations already made by delegates for Bangkokremain
valid for APRICOT 2014 in Petaling Jaya.*

We urge all delegates to check their visa requirements for Malaysia as
soon as possible and if a visa is required, please contact your closest
Malaysian Embassy urgently to ensure your application will be processed
in time for travel.

A Frequently Asked Questions page is now available on the APRICOT 2014
website:

http://2014.apricot.net/faq

The APRICOT 2014 site will be updated regularly with new information on
the event. Please check the website, the APRICOT 2014 Facebook page or
follow @apnic on twitter for the latest updates.

APIA and APNIC would also like to thank True and NECTEC for their
support in helping arrange APRICOT 2014 in Thailand and we hope that
APRICOT will return to Thailand in the future.

If you need any further information, please contact us at:

secretariat at apricot2014.net