[APAC-Discuss] Fwd: URGENT: RALO SUPPORT NEEDED - CALL FOR MEMBERSHIP for Board Member Selection Process Committee and Board Candidate Evaluation Committee - Deadline 18 October

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Wed Oct 30 01:03:00 UTC 2013

Dear APRALO,

I am pleased to inform you that during its meeting on the 29th of October
2013 (last night), the ALAC has taken the following action:

1.  Agreed by consensus to appoint Maureen Hilyard and Fouad Bajwa as
members of the At-Large Board Member Selection Process Committee (BMSPC);

2. Ratified by consensus APRALO's selection of Siranush Vardanyan and Ellen
Strickland as members of the At-Large Board Candidate Evaluation Committee
(BCEC).

3. Appointed the following individuals to chair the respective committees:
- Tijani Ben Jemaa (BMSPC Chair)
- Roberto Gaetano (BCEC Chair)

(For a full list of committee members, click here:
https://community.icann.org/display/ABMS/At-Large+Board+Member+2014+Selection
)

The work of selecting the At-Large Board Director will commence
immediately.  In simple terms, to help those still unfamiliar with the
process:

1. The BMSPC oversees the entire selection process to ensure everything is
done correctly and timely;

2. The BCEC identifies, evaluates and recommends a suitable set of
candidates based on specific criteria to the electorate;

3. The electorate (15 members of the ALAC + RALO Chairs) will vote to
select the At-Large Director.

The procedure for making the selection for the At-Large Board Director can
be found in the new ALAC Rules of Procedure, which came into effect on 2
October 2013 (https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/Rules+of+Procedure).

Timeline: It is anticipated that the process will commence in November 2013
and end in April 2014.

We wish the committees all the best for this important task ahead.

Best regards,

Rinalia Abdul Rahim
ALAC Executive Committee