[APAC-Discuss] APRALO call meeting notes

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Tue Oct 29 21:06:21 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone

Attached are my notes from yesterday's call.

Silvia, please post on the APRALO report for October.

Also, Silvia, could we have a wiki in the APRALO space for the Singapore meeting, to include the subcommittee on the Showcase event (Maureen, Ali and Pavan - please be ready to provide a preliminary report for the November meeting) and the Multi-Stakeholder meeting on Consumer metrics (I'll work with CLO, Siranush and Hong)

Also, another wiki within APRALO for a draft MoU - again, Maureen, Ali and Siranush, we need input from you within the next week or so so that others can have a look and we can meet with the APNIC CEO to sign something.

Rinalia - could you work with Pavan on Saaadun Shahrir and - from what you say is a defunct organisation.  If they don't exist or have been inactive for years, then we should delist them - but need to make sure they do not want to continue as an ALS before we do that - so could we either contact them, or at least have evidence for us and ALAC that they really are defunct.

And Silvia - Would you also confirm the APRALO meeting time in Buenos Aires for Wednesday 19 Nov at 1700 - it is not on the full schedule on the ICANN website.

Thanks everyone

Holly

APRALO MONTHLY REPORT:October  2013

APRALO Meeting in October:

-       Action items: Karaitiaana Taiuru will have presented his research on the use of indigenous domain names by December, and can then work with Pavan to develop a webinar on the topic.

-       Spotlight: Ali Al Meshal talked about the many programs and activities of the Bahrain Internet Society. (his presentation will be circulated)

-       BCEC/BMSPC: The meeting confirmed the nomination of Siranush and Ellen for the Board Candidate Evaluation Committee.  Maureen and Fouad have been nominated for the Board Member Selection Process Committee.

-       MoU with APNIC. Holly has talked with the CEO of APNIC about the possibility of an MoU with APRALO, and he is supportive of the idea.  Maureen noted that APNIC already has an MoU with PICISOC.

A Subcommittee of Siranush, Ali and Maureen was formed.

-       ICANN Meeting in Singapore (23-27 March) A subcommittee of Maureen, Ali and Pavan will plan a ‘showcase’ event for the meeting.  Another subcommittee, of Siranush, Cheryl, Hong and Holly, will plan for a Multi-Stakeholder Forum on Consumer Metrics.

APRALO meeting in Buenos Aires:  The APRALO meeting in November is scheduled for Wednesday 19 November at 1700 Buenos Aires time (UTC -3 hurs)

Update on ROP Review Working Group: Cheryl updated the meeting on the APRALO RoP, noting there will be more time on the issue in Buenos Aires.

Report on IGF meeting in Bali: Rinalia reported briefly to the meeting on the success of the APRALO meeting on the universal acceptance of IDNs

 Policy Update: Olivier briefed the meeting on policy before the ALAC including Closed statements on confusingly similar gTLDs, DNS risk management, ccTLD delegation and re-delegation and the Whois privacy and proxy service abuse.  Current policies include the ccNSO report on revocation, a revised PICs dispute resolution process, policy and implementation and a response to the ATRT2 draft report. (for details, see https://community.icann.org/display/alacpolicydev/At-Large+Policy+Development+Page)

Next Spotlight

November: Siranush Vardanyan

Action items on everyone (including staff)

-       Pavan and KT to work on a webinar on the use of indigenous domain names in December

-       Ali to provide the meeting with further information on the outcomes for women who attended training sessions with the Bahrain Internet Society

-       The MoU subcommittee to examine the MoU with AFRINIC, and the APNIC/PICISOC MoU to suggest wording for an APNIC/APRALO MoU

-       The Subcommittees for a Showcase event and a Multi-Stakeholder Forum for the Singapore meeting report back to the next meeting

-       All who attended the Bali IGF can provide reports to Pavan, for distribution to APRALO.