[APAC-Discuss] Agenda for APRALO meeting 29 October

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 27 04:49:52 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone

My proposed agenda for the next APRALO meeting is:

- Spotlight - it is the Bahrain Internet Society presentation (Ali, do you want to send anything to Silvia for your spotlight?)
- MoU with APNIC.  I have had a chat with the CEO of APNIC at the Oz IGF - and he is very interested in an MoU with us - and wants to talk about what would be in it.  The model is the one between LANIC and AFRALO - but ours would be different - APNIC already provides a lot of regional training, and I"m not sure we want the same level of funding since the APAC region's needs are different.  But please have a look at the attached, and at the APNIC site (APNIC.org) to see all that they offer anyway.  I'd like to be able to finalise something with APNIC in BA - and need to know what the APAC needs are first.
- planning for Singapore.  I know, it's a few months off, but we need to start planning for a showcase event now - and I"ll need some willing committee members
- Report on the Bali IGF.  I know a lot of you were there, and what I'd like to hear are the issues of importance to the APAC region and APRALO.  (Pavan - you were there and can start the discussion - others are welcome to chime in)
- Update from KT on indigenous domain names - can we start planning for the webinar?
- policy update (it could be rushed - sorry)

Thanks - and talk soon

Holly