[APAC-Discuss] Updates from today's APRALO Monthly call and actions to be taken

Siranush Vardanyan siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 23 21:35:50 UTC 2013

Dear APRALO colleagues,
I hope all those who were in BA are back home safe and sound and enjoying family reunions like I do.
First of all I would like to thank those who participated in APRALO monthly meeting (both those who were in person in Buenos Aires and remotely).
For those who were not able to participate, here are some updates from APRALO November call:
Sorry for the long e-mail, but, please, read the whole information, as it contains a lot of important information.
I. APRALO Leadership changes:
1. As many of you may know APRALO Chair Holly Raiche has been nominated and agreed to serve in ALT team (ALAC Leadership Team) and I would like to congratulate Holly with this important position and role.
Due to stepping into this new position, Holly stepped down from the position of being APRALO Chair and as a one of the Vice Chairs for APRALO I was stepped into the position of APRALO Acting Chair before we start the process of selecting the new chair, which may happen during/after Singapore meeting.
2. I would like to thank the outgoing ALAC members from APRALO Rinalia Abdul Rahim and Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro for their impressive hard work during two years term and welcome the new ALAC members from APRALO Maureen Hilyard and Rafid Fatani. Maureen Hilyard is also taking the role of ccNSO Liason from Cheryl Langdon-Orr, who being ALAC member also will be Chair of ICANN Nomination Committee for 2014.
II. Steps to proceed:
We have already started the process of getting ready for Singapore meeting and and some details had been sent to the list by Maureen.
INFO to be sent by ALSs: those who didn't post on the wiki the information and the logo about their ALS, please, send the information ASAP to me at siranush_vardanyan at hotmail.com and I will post it. We need those logos for the short video we are preparing for Showcase presentation, so, for those who have not sent yet their information, please, send them to me. Emani Fakaotimanava-Lui will also send a separate e-mail requesting a short video from you (details will be provided later). It doesn't relate to those who had been in BA in person.
III. Comments are needed:
1. As you may be aware APRALO ROP (Rules of Procedure) Working Group has worked hard and prepared the draft Charter for APRALO new ROP. The link to the draft charter is here:https://community.icann.org/display/APRALO/APRALO+ROP+Review+WG+meeting+2013-11-06; and I also attached the PDF file to this e-mail for those who will not be able to view the document in the Wiki space.
Please, if you have any comments on this document, send your suggestions/comments to me until December 13, 2013 (3 weeks from now).
2. Maureen is going to send you the information about ALAC Metrics Working in a separate e-mail, so, please, pay attention to what she will asking for.
Once again thanks to all of you for your cooperation and support and looking forward working with you for the benefit of APRALO region.
Sincerely,
Siranush
Siranush VardanyanAPRALO Acting Chair