[APAC-Discuss] ICANN49 - Singapore Showcase

Maureen Hilyard moarimh at gmail.com
Tue Nov 19 02:26:00 UTC 2013

*Meeting of the Singapore Showcase Committee*
*Monday 18 November 5.30pm, Buenos Aires*

*Attended by*: Siranush, Ali, Emani, Bikram, Maureen (and a guest
participant whose name I didn't get)

* Objective:* Planning the programme and resources for the APRALO Showcase
at ICANN49 Singapore

1. THEME COLOUR: RED - APRALO's colour

2. ICANN49 SINGAPORE LOGO - when will this be ready for preparing showcase
resources?
          *Action Item: Heidi t*o find out so that we can create our
resources using the meeting logo

3. DROP DOWN SCREEN - from Beijing
          *Action Item: Heidi* to resurrect it for the Singapore Showcase
Event

4. 100 RED BADGES - 5cm diameter - with "APRALO ICANN49 Singapore, March
2014" around the edge with the Singapore Logo inside
          *Action Item: Emani* to investigate "local" cost of badges and
printing

5. 100 RED  LANYARDS - with "APRALO ICANN49 Singapore, March 2014"  - only
for the APRALO ALSes (and our staff)
          *Action Item: Emani *to investigate "local" cost of lanyards and
printing

6. SEVERAL DISPLAY BOARDS - to display possibly 40 ALS A4 size posters
about themselves and their ALSes in their home countries.. to form part of
the APRALO Expo
         * Action Item: Heidi* to investigate if there would be any large
whiteboards, or display boards available so that the ALS posters can be
displayed
          *Action Item: Heidi *to investigate the Showcase venue and find
out what space we will ACTUALLY have on the night
         * Action Item: ALL APRALO ALSes* to prepare an A4 size poster
about their ALS and/or country.
          *Action Item: Pavan* to remind ALSes to prepare posters and bring
them to Singapore when they come.. or send them to Maureen (other
communications in #9)
          *Action Item: Maureen* to collect posters and display them in the
Expo area on the flip boards with bluetak.

7. QUERY - Will APRALO ALSes be paid to come to Singapore (as for Beijing?)
          *Action Item: Holly* to check with the bean counters about the
availability of funds for this query.
          *Action Item: Holly and Heidi *to investigate possible sources of
funding for this Showcase event (eg ICANN, APNIC?.. others?)

8. PROPOSED PROGRAMME FOR SHOWCASE
          a) Welcome and Introduction - Holly
          b) Diversity video (featuring Kuek, see #9)
          c) Official speeches (Fadi, Steve, Olivier)
          d) Invite everyone to the Expo (and food & drinks)

          *Action Item: Heidi* to check availability of Fadi, Steve and
Olivier to do a 2 minute speech each

9. DIVERSITY VIDEO
The Diversity Video will start with a short historical introduction about
APRALO
          *Action Item: Ali *will collect information and create a story
board for a 120-sec presentation about the history of APRALO
          *Action Item:each ALS member* who is attending the Singapore
meeting will take a 5 second video clip of themselves saying
"Greetings/hello from (the name of the ALS) in (the name of the country)"
or "Greetings from (the name of the country). The "greeting" will be in
their native language.
          *Action Item: Emani* to prepare a dropbox for all video clips to
be placed
          *Action Item: Kuek and Save* can end the video presentation with
a short welcome to Singapore and Brisbane offices of ICANN
          *Action Item: Maureen *to contact Kuek and Save and notify them
of their involvement :)
          *Action item: Pavan *to send out an email to APRALO ALSes to
explain what we want and why (for the showcase diversity video). Timeframe
- the video clips will be required by the end of January.
           *Action Item: Maureen* can arrange for the editing of the video
presentation, if required - no longer than 6 minutes

10: CATERING
          *Action Item: Heidi* to check out catering suppliers for
Singapore and costs.

Team - did I miss  anything out from our discussion?
Others - any questions or queries, please get in touch.

Maureen