[APAC-Discuss] [lac-discuss-en] Internet Governance Webinar Conversation Opportunity With ICANN Senior Executives

Johnny Laureano jlaureano at aui.pe
Thu Nov 7 13:25:14 UTC 2013

Dear Julia, David,
To give my greetings, as well as to the members of the Global Internet
Community, i have a comment and one question in relation to Internet
governance, ICANN governance and the need strategic of participation of for
multiple government stakeholders in the country ccTLDs as a basis for the
exercise of governance Internet.
Most dictionaries describe the term governance as: government, control ,
law , politics, authority , direction, rule, guide, power , dominance ,
policies , jurisdiction, influence , government , political practice, other
.

The Structure and Delegation FRC1591 Names and Domain Name System (J.
Postel , March 94 ) , explains the purposes of administration of the ccTLD
manager's responsibility "designated" and the duty to serve the community .

 It is common knowledge that currently ccTLDs are currently governed by
nonprofit organizations or private companies and possibly by individual
users. All commercial purposes , therefore, used commercial rates and with
few purposes to serve to the community, currently their design business
and development plans do not include the interests of the community, the
multiple government actors, such as ICANN promotes today .

My comment and question are :

1. It is essential and coherent strategic development of Internet
Governance and the promotion of multi-stakeholder governance, using all the
tools that a government management of multiple stakeholders can develop in
the administration of the ccTLD country. This is a very important point in
the schedule of the board in a next future.

2. What may do the ICANN senior management regarding the strategic
importance of promoting Internet Governance , local and global , from this
perspective?.

I´m grateful for your attention.

Atte.

Johnny Laureano

AUI PERU - LACRALO

------------------------
Internet Governance Webinar Conversation Opportunity With ICANN Senior
Executives

Dear SOAC Leaders;

Based on recent discussions within the broader community and your feedback
over the past couple of weeks regarding the Montevideo statement,  we think
it would be most useful to have a community call before everyone departed
for the ICANN Public Meeting in Buenos Aires to discuss recent Internet
governance developments – specifically the Montevideo statement - and plans
for a broader Internet stakeholder meeting in Brazil next year.

Fadi has had or is planning a few individual conversations with community
groups, but we thought some broader community engagement opportunities with
ICANN senior executives would also be helpful so that Fadi, Tarek and
Theresa could:

§  Provide background and context of the recent I-Star discussions leading
to the Montevideo statement;

§  Explain the Board/Staff partnership in this effort;

§  Explain what has been done to date and share perceptions of the recent
IGF-Bali meeting; and

§  Highlight next steps/prep plans for Brazil next April.

As a result, we have arranged for two community webinars scheduled for next
Friday, 8 November at 1200 UTC and 1900 UTC so that the team can share its
thoughts and field community questions and comments.  We are scheduling two
separate sessions to cover the global geographic spread of the community
and hope that you will be able to share information about the opportunity
with your communities.

Each session will be an hour long and any questions or comments that the
team can’t get to on the calls will be saved for further discussion in
Buenos Aires.

The call details are as follows:

Adigo Call Numbers :  http://adigo.com/icann
Adigo Conference Bridge No.  Conference ID: 45151321;

Adobe Connect:  https://icann.adobeconnect.com/icann-soac

To help the team prepare for the sessions, please feel free to share any
pre-session questions that you have with me.  I will pass them on to the
ICANN Strategy Team in preparation for the sessions.

Best regards,

David
--
David A. Olive
Vice President, Policy Development Support

Hakki Yeten Cad. Selenium Plaza No:10/C K:5
34349 Fulya, Besiktas, Istanbul, Turkey

Tel: +90.212.381.8727 - Fax: +90.212.381.8731 - Mobile: +1. 202.341.3611