[APAC-Discuss] Review of ICANN - your feedback please

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed May 15 23:42:14 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone

Time is running out for our - community input - into this review.  The background to it all is on the ALAC policy page - with more than enough links.  In summary, the Affirmation of Commitments agreement with the US Department of Commerce asked for four reviews.  While ALAC has our own people on the review (Olivier and Alan), the review needs to go much wider - to all of you.

The website (links are on our policy page) take you to a survey, which you can take.  But if you don't want to go through all of that, you can just send an email directly to them (or through me or Olivier/Alan) to provide comments - but PLEASE - SOON (end of May-first week of June at the LATEST)

What they are asking is below (I have REALLY summarised). So please think it over, and let them know.  And if you have questions, ASK THEM.  It means there is an information gap where there should not be.

So - go to the ALAC policy page, have a read and a think - and then feedback please, to me, to Olivier, or directly to the ATRTs team either through the survey or directly.  (And you don't have to answer all of the questions - some of them are not relevant to us anyway)

Thanks

Holly

The Headings are:

Accountability and Transparency Review team 1 (ATRT1) - the review before this one
The questions are about
- whether you think the ICANN Board and Staff have implemented the recommendations (there is a link to the ATRT1 Report on the ICANN policy page)
- whether the Board is assessing and improving its governance
- do you know  how Board members are nominated/elected
- questions about GAC - not really for us unless you have particular views
- ICANN processes for receiving public input - and how easy it is to do so - and have you done so/when
- Are ICANN decisions supported or embraced by the public or the Internet community - and how do you/your organisation do so?
- does the public development process work - can it be improved? Do ICANN processes facilitate cross community input?

Security, Stability and Resiliency of the DNS Review Team
These questions are about the extent to which ICANN has implemented recommendations of this team

Whois Policy Review Team
- the extent to which recommendations of this report have been implemented - and what are the metrics?
- what improvements have come about as a result?

Accountability and Transparency of ICANN processes
- how would you rate community participation in accountability and transparency issues
- other questions.