[APAC-Discuss] Now Open: CALL FOR NOMINATIONS FOR APRALO ALAC POSITION

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Fri May 3 23:30:47 UTC 2013

I *wholeheartedly disagree with you on this matter,* Rinalia and Emani ...

Previously we were bound by operating principals to run these selection
processes at the same time (i.e. before end of June each year) and that was
for several Very Good Reasons not the least of which was an ability to have
optimal transition of role between existing and replacement of
our representatives on the ALAC (I'm sure you remember the lag between
joining, getting up to speed and being  optimally active in the ALAC  from
your NomCom appointment time) and noting that ICANN AGM meetings are often
held in October rather than November as it incidentally is this year ;  in
the 2009 review of our rules this was relaxed to allow for less rigidity in
the timeline for the selection and appointment of our ALAC reps each year.
 I note this call for selection of APRALO ALAC representation, only
overlaps with the close of the RALO Officer roles nomination period by 24+
hrs, running the nominations  for ALAC  during the acceptance of
nominations phase of the other has no disadvantage from my experience or
opinion and ion fact allows for any candidate in both to make their own
determination IF they should wish to only pursue one pathway perfectly
well...

Basically I could go on and on with my rational and will do so if desired
BUT  I reject your proposal to change the current timeline propose we stay
on the track outlined and *I will continue to vigorously argue against this
proposal even if it gets ge**neral support for the majority of ALSes in the
Region* and I'm happy to have staff set up a poll to determine this if
needs be.

*Cheryl Langdon-Orr ...  **(CLO)*
 http://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr