[APAC-Discuss] APRALO budget request got 2014

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sat Mar 30 05:39:33 UTC 2013

Hi Everyone

As the email below suggests, there will be further discussion on our request (and those of others) for FY 2014.

We (rather hurriedly) prepared one already in light of two considerations.  The first is that, this year, ALAC will be making a submission for funding for an ALAC Summit for London in June 2014 - that is representatives from all the ALSs.  In light of that, we were advised that it is advisable if we not request funding for a General Assembly for our region.  However, there is still the possibility of funding for an IGF presence.

So this submission was for just that - some assistance, plus travel to this year's IGF.  And the topic is one that is particularly important to this regions - IDN/IDN variants.  We will be holding an hour's session in Beijing on the topic - and already, the preparatory call for the session highlighted the many issues the topic raises.

There will be another meeting of the finance subcommittee - and this is the application I will be discussing.  So if any of you have feedback on how we can improve this submission let me know soon so I can reflect your input at the next meeting.

Thanks

HOlly

Begin forwarded message: