[APAC-Discuss] Update on ALAC Vote on Dot Health Applications

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Mar 16 05:07:40 UTC 2013

Dear All,

To all the At Large Structures within APRALO and the Pacific Health
Practitioners Community. Greetings from Fiji! As you know the At Large
Advisory Committee (ALAC) recently votes on the various Applications for
Dot Health on whether the ALAC should object or not. I am enclosing a
summary of all the votes as per the announcement. The voting was
"Anonymous" but in the interest of transparency, I wanted to advise you
that I voted *"YES" *on all these votes.

I would also like to thank the New gTLD Review Working Group chaired by Dev
Anand Teelucksingh who did a fantastic job of consolidating the response
from the various stakeholders and the Applicants which allowed the ALAC to
be informed of the concerns of the community as well as those discussions
that were taking place on the listserv and beyond.

I would also like to state for the record that I had also consulted Pacific
Medical Practitioners on the IG4Health Listserv and sought clarification on
a few issues from the World Health Organisation before taking to the poll.
This was not an easy decision to make and I also noted the legitimate
points that one of the members of the Review Working Group Garth Bruen had
made on other names such as "Medical". This was not put to the ALAC but
note that the Independent Objector has identified these.

Kindly find the consolidated summary of how the Vote went. Following the
ALAC Voting Results, the ALAC Chair, Dr Oliver Crepin - Leblond filed
Objections on behalf of the ALAC on the three Applications.

*ALAC Vote on DotHealth LLC’s Application*

With 14 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted on the gTLD Objection:
Applicant "DotHealth, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/t4xwAg> we can confirm that the result is
quorate.

*****
Question: Do you support the filing of an objection by the ALAC for the
Applicant "DotHealth, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/pages/viewpage.action?pageId=40930487>?
gTLD Objection: Applicant "DotHealth, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string?
As at Poll close: Tuesday 12 March 2013 23:59 UTC
Number of voters: 14 · Group size: 15 · Percentage voted: 93.33
Ranked by votes
Rank    Options Votes   %
1       Yes     8       57.14
2       No      3       21.43
2       Abstain 3       21.43

You may review the results independently under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=2966bba6wrqzF9hjVtrmi2Jy

All closed ALAC votes may be reviewed under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/m7097

*ALAC Vote on Afilias Limited’s Application *

With 14 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted on the gTLD Objection:
Applicant "Afilias Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/y4xwAg> we can confirm that the result is
quorate.

*****
Question: Do you support the filing of an objection by the ALAC for the
Applicant "Afilias Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/y4xwAg>?
gTLD Objection: Applicant "Afilias Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string
As at Poll close: Tuesday 12 March 2013 23:59 UTC
Number of voters: 14 · Group size: 15 · Percentage voted: 93.33
Ranked by votes
Rank    Options Votes   %
1       Yes     7       50.00
2       No      4       28.57
3       Abstain 3       21.43

*****

You may review the results independently under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=2967b6TVGCAKpHnyGELsbzv7

All closed ALAC votes may be reviewed under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/m7097

*ALAC’s vote on Dot Health Limited’s Application*

With 14 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted on the gTLD Objection: <
https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg> <https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg>
Applicant "dot Health Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg> we can confirm that the result is
quorate.

*****
Question: Do you support the filing of an objection by the ALAC for the
Applicant "dot Health Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg>?
gTLD Objection: Applicant "dot Health Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string
As at Poll close: Tuesday 12 March 2013 23:59 UTC
Number of voters: 14 · Group size: 15 · Percentage voted: 93.33
Ranked by votes
Rank    Options Votes   %
1       Yes     10      71.43
2       Abstain 3       21.43
3       No      1       7.14

*****

You may review the results independently under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=2964IezYSWT6wsXi5X3RzbVv

All closed ALAC votes may be reviewed under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/m7097

*ALAC’s Vote on Goose Fest LLC’s Application*

With 14 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted on the gTLD Objection:
Applicant "Goose Fest, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/v4xwAg> we can confirm that the result is
quorate.

*****
Question: Do you support the filing of an objection by the ALAC for the
Applicant "Goose Fest, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string<
https://community.icann.org/x/v4xwAg>? ?
gTLD Objection: Applicant "Goose Fest, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string

https://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=29653hTA3dWjzFzqyAMk6w7p

All closed ALAC votes may be reviewed under:
https://www.bigpulse.com/m7097

Yours faithfully,
--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala