[APAC-Discuss] about .jiankang (.健康) and the proposed objection from ALAC

Richard - Netmission Ambassador richard at netmission.asia
Fri Mar 1 08:39:05 UTC 2013

I am a Chinese literate, my understanding of 健康 carries much broader
meaning than "health", which includes not only physical wellness, but also
mental and spiritual wellness, etc. Chinese phrases usually lost a lot of
meanings during direct simple translation, and this case is one of them.

In Chinese communities around the world, 健康 carries much more meaning, such
as 健康閱讀, which means reading for positive effects, not just to get healthy,
but also be positively minded, and reading for wellness, etc.

I believe when considering these new gTLD application, it is important to
consider a broader context of the words instead of direct translation.

Richard
NetMission Ambassador