[APAC-Discuss] about .jiankang (.健康) and the proposed objection from ALAC

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Fri Mar 1 04:50:23 UTC 2013

I concur totally with this approach  and indeed  spoke to this matter in
the Regional Leaders Briefing  on new gTLD's Objections from the ALAC
process call ... For what it is worth THIS is the way  I also think the
RALO should proceed... In other words in the list of 5 possible objections
we should either vote  NO  or register an Abstain for  the question on the
".健康" string

Now on that call there was a couple of action items  one of which is to add
an abstain option (which effectively acts as a no vote but
without prejudice) and reduces the likelihood that an objection to a new
name will reach the 'support of 3 RALO's' for the objection to be
considered by the ALAC

So  just to be real clear to all on this list  what our RALO needs to do by
no later that 4th or 5th March next week is respond (or not)  on the wiki
for this work to the following potential objection matters =>

<snip> Advice from the RALOs to the ALAC regarding the objection statements

The RALO advice to the ALAC requires answers to 5 questions:

> 1) After your review of the new gTLD application for the “.HEALTH” string
> by the applicant “DotHealth, LLC", the
> objection statement on community grounds
> and related comments by the At-Large community and the applicant at
> https://community.icann.org/x/t4xwAg , does
> the RALO either

YES, support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "DotHealth, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string

> OR

NO, not support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "DotHealth, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string.

OR

Abstain

2) After your review of the new gTLD application for the “.HEALTH” string
> by the applicant “Goose Fest, LLC", the
> objection statement on community grounds and related comments by the
> At-Large community and the applicant at
> https://community.icann.org/x/v4xwAg , does the RALO either

YES, support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "“Goose Fest, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string

> OR

NO, not support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "“Goose Fest, LLC" for the ".HEALTH" string.

OR

Abstain

3) After your review of the new gTLD application for the “.HEALTH” string
> by the applicant “dot Health Limited", the
> objection statement on community grounds and  related comments by the
> At-Large community and the applicant at
> https://community.icann.org/x/xYxwAg , does the RALO either

YES, support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "dot Health Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string

> OR

NO, not support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "dot Health Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string.

OR

Abstain

4) After your review of the new gTLD application for the “.HEALTH” string
> by the applicant “Afilias Limited", the
> objection statement on community grounds and related comments by the
> At-Large community and the applicant at
> https://community.icann.org/x/y4xwAg , does the RALO either

YES, support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "Afilias Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string

> OR

NO, not support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "Afilias Limited" for the ".HEALTH" string.

OR

Abstain

5) After your review of the new gTLD application for the “.” string by the
> applicant “Stable Tone Limited”, the
> objection statement on community grounds and related comments by the
> At-Large community and the applicant at
> https://community.icann.org/x/0YxwAg , does the RALO either

 YES, support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "Stable Tone Limited" for the ".健康" string

> OR

NO, not support the filing of the objection statement by the ALAC against
> applicant "Stable Tone Limited" for the ".健康" string.

OR

Abstain

THIS list MUST  give its opinions  on each of this questions poste haste
and in the absence of clear advice from the ALSes on each of these for a
YES vote to proceed with objection  or a NO vote to not proceed then I
would advise the APRALO Leadership to register an Abstain  for each of the
questions  not receiving clear advice to the contrary.

*Cheryl Langdon-Orr ...  **(CLO)*
 http://about.me/cheryl.LangdonOrr