[APAC-Discuss] FW: VOTE RESULTS: ALAC Voting Delegate to theNomCom for 2014 from APRALO

h.raiche at internode.on.net h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Jul 17 14:06:43 UTC 2013

 Hi Ali

 First, I agree, the voting process is confusing. However, by using
preferential voting, the end result always indicates a winner. Just
start with the notion that what is being counted is a person's choice,
And if more people indicate that someone is their first choice by
putting a 1 next to the name of their preferred candidate, that person
will have the most '1's - or the lowest score. With that logic, the
person who is the third choice with have the most '3's - or the
highest score. Sorry if it is confusing, but it does produce an
outcome showing people's preferred choice.

 And yes, there was some confusion as to when people could nominate.
If you remember, Rinalia suggested that, before the process closed,
the candidates should have an opportunity to talk to their candidacy -
which is what you did and what happened. It meant that everyone voting
had an opportunity to at least listen to the candidates. But what it
meant was that the original deadlines had to be changed to accommodate
the webinar. So what were hard and fast dates for nominations were
moved. While that added to the confusion, it did give an opportunity
for people to know a bit more about the candidates they would be
voting for.

 I hope that has cleared things up but please get back to me with any
further questions, and I apologise for not replying sooner. the ICANN
meeting means I do not get to my emails as quickly as I should.

 Holly

 On Wed 17/07/13 9:03 PM , Ali AlMeshal dralialmeshal at gmail.com sent:
 Thanks for responding but I am not getting it yet, and what about the
 second part as well please?

 Ali

 On Wed, Jul 17, 2013 at 2:25 PM, ICANN At-Large Staff <
 staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

 > Dear All,
 >
 > As a point of clarification, Satish Babu won.
 >
 > Please note that this poll was a preferential poll with the voters
being
 > asked to place candidates in their order of preference from 1 to 3,
with 1
 > being the most preferred and 3 being the least preferred. As such,
the
 > candidate with the highest preferred votes will have the lowest raw
score.

 > Regards,
 >
 > Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber,
Nathalie

alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org

ALAC

93.33