[APAC-Discuss] FW: VOTE RESULTS: ALAC Voting Delegate to the NomCom for 2014 from APRALO

Ali AlMeshal dralialmeshal at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 08:41:13 UTC 2013

I am confused here , what does this mean , the most preferred get lower
score while the least prefer get the highest score . It was clearly mention
that voting will be ranked from 1 as preferred to 3 as last option. So how
does it work please.

Regards

On Wed, Jul 10, 2013 at 5:28 AM, ICANN At-Large Staff <
staff at atlarge.icann.org> wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> Please note that this poll was a preferential poll with the voters being
> asked to place candidates in their order of preference from 1 to 3, with 1
> being the most preferred and 3 being the least preferred.
>
> As such, the candidate with the highest preferred votes will have the
> lowest raw score.
>
> In this instance, the winner of the poll is Satish Babu.
>
> Regards,
>
> Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
> Peregrine and Julia Charvolen
> ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
> E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>
>
> From: ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:
> staff at atlarge.icann.org>>
> Date: Tuesday, July 9, 2013 5:44 PM
> To: "alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:
> alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>" <
> alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org<mailto:
> alac-announce at atlarge-lists.icann.org>>
> Subject: VOTE RESULTS: ALAC Voting Delegate to the NomCom for 2014 from
> APRALO
>
> Dear All,
>
> With 14 out of 15 ALAC Members having voted in the ALAC Voting Delegate to
> the NomCom for 2014 from APRALO poll, we can confirm that the result is
> quorate.
>
> *****
> QUESTION
> Please place the candidates below (listed in alphabetical order by
> surname) in your order of preference from 1 to 3, with 1 being the most
> preferred and 3 being the least preferred, for the position of ALAC Voting
> Delegate to the NomCom for 2014 from APRALO.
>
>  *   Ali AlMeshal
>  *   Gunela Astbrink
>  *   Satish Babu
>
> RESULTS
> As at Poll close: Tuesday 09 July 2013 23:59 UTC
> Number of voters: 14 · Group size: 15 · Percentage voted: 93.33
> Ranked by largest sum of preference votes
> Rank    Candidate       Votes   %
> 1       Gunela Astbrink 35      41.67
> 2       Ali AlMeshal    31      36.90
> 3       Satish Babu     18      21.43
>

> *****
> We can confirm that the following members did not participate in this vote:
> Jean-Jacques Subrenat
>
> We can confirm that the following members abstained in this vote. For
> those that have abstained, would you like to provide an explanation of why
> you abstained?
> n/a
>
> You may review the results independently under:
> http://www.bigpulse.com/pollresults?code=3237Hky7EfZGWVX3QvzARuaU
>
> Regards,
>
> Heidi Ullrich, Silvia Vivanco, Matt Ashtiani, Gisella Gruber, Nathalie
> Peregrine and Julia Charvolen
> ICANN Policy Staff in support of ALAC
> E-mail: staff at atlarge.icann.org<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>a

Thanks

Ali AlMeshal

Bahrain Internet Society - BIS

Board Member & Director of Strategic Alliances

Professional Public speaker in ICT and e-Business

Payment Industry Expert Advisor

Mobile: +973 39440025

Skype: alialmeshal

email: dralialmeshal at gmail.com