[APAC-Discuss] At-Large Community Views Requested on Draft Final Report on Universal Acceptance of IDN TLDs

Edmon edmon at isoc.hk
Tue Jul 2 08:33:06 UTC 2013

Hi Satish,

That is a great question.  The scope of the issues are well documented in the UX report: http://www.icann.org/en/resources/idn/variant-tlds/active-ux-21mar13-en.pdf

As more languages consider their IDN Variant policies, we may see other challenges as well, so I am not sure whether it will ever be "complete"... but I think the operational experience already out there and the framework of the UX report should provide us enough to go out to the technical community to alert them about it and then perhaps there might be feedback to prompt more work too...

Edmon