[APAC-Discuss] [ALAC] US Introduces New Cyber Security Bill in Senate

JJS jjs.global at gmail.com
Sat Jan 26 02:41:41 UTC 2013

*Dear Salanieta,*
*
*thank you for bringing this to our attention. It will be worth following.*
*
*
*This draft bill comes on the heels of SOPA and other proposed legislation
which, under the guise of protecting citizens, businesses and states, would
allow public authority to curtail civic and individual rights, without
adequate protection for the Internet user, under the convenient assumption
that what is good for a sovereign state is of necessity good for its
citizens.*
*
*
*It is in this context, and in the face of this growing threat, that I
proposed, during an ALAC monthly meeting, that we take up the subject of
existing and foreseeable infringements on civic and individual rights, such
as the expanding practice of DPI without proper parliamentary oversight
(and this is done not only in states governed by a single political party
without representative democracy).*
*
*
*Best regards,*
*Jean-Jacques.*

2013/1/26 Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro <
salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com>