[APAC-Discuss] France Proposes Internet Tax - Old War Resurfacing

Winthrop Yu w.yu at gmx.net
Tue Jan 22 01:11:45 UTC 2013

   Well, at least France is only *considering* taxation.  Whereas our (PH)
Revenue Commissioner came-out with both guns blazing and threatened sites --

"... operators of websites that failed to verify the BIR registration of its
member-entrepreneurs can be jointly sued for tax evasion along with the
unregistered tenant."

http://www.interaksyon.com/business/53182/bir-we-can-go-after-sulit-ayosdito-and-you-for-unregistered-untaxed-online-sales

   Our local legilation and regulation is sadly deficient in safe harbor
provisions for ISPs, hosting companies and websites.

WYn
PH