[APAC-Discuss] Beijing meeting - your input

Adam Peake ajp at glocom.ac.jp
Thu Jan 10 06:17:26 UTC 2013

Hi Holly,

Etsuko Nakanishi, Japan GAC rep was at WCIT.  But she might prefer to
have someone else from her ministry speak (they might attend if
invited.)   More important perhaps to hear from government/others who
supported the new ITRs and would like to see ITU role in governance
strengthen by WTPF.  Not sure if many of those governments would be
particularly open about their reasons, or want to get into an
open-ended debate.  But worth asking China, as meeting hosts.  India
seem somewhat in the middle.  Perhaps someone from India's telecom
ministry: Telecom Minister Kapil Sibal seems to have broad view,
perhaps ministry staff would join, if someone knows how to reach them.

Adam