[APAC-Discuss] Nominations for APRALO Leadership roles term July 1 2013 to 30 June 2015 currently open...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Fri Apr 26 02:53:07 UTC 2013

Dear list as you all know  we currently have open an election process for
some leadership positions in our RALO (this Election cycle was opened
during the Beijing meeting at our GA on April 9th)...

I note that at this stage no nominations  have yet been received and
therefore wish to formally propose the following Nominations  for the open
positions:-

For *APRALO Chair*: *Holly RAICHE* => position is currently held by Holly.
Noting Holly 'stepped up' from her Vice Chair position to complete the term
of Charles Monk when he entered a Government role as an elected official,
and whose current term ends on 30  June 2013; Further noting that she is
eligible for re-election... if appointed her new term starts 1 July 2013
and ends 30 June 2015.

For *APRALO Vice Chair* (one of 2 selected for 2 year terms in alternate
years):  *YJ Park *=> this position is currently held by YJ and the current
term ends on 30 June 2013. Noting that YJ  was appointed to complete the
term of Vice Chair that Holly held and which opened when she become Chair
of APRALO, and also noting that YJ is eligible for re-election ... if
appointed like Holly her new term starts 1 July 2013 and ends 30 June
2015.

NOTE ALSO: APRALO Secretariat: Currently held by the Internet Society -
Hong Kong (Edmon Chung and Pavan Budhrani).  According to the APRALO
Organizing Documents, the Secretariat position is “appointed”. Current term
end on 30 June 2013. Re-affirmation of appointment has been our good
practice and so to continue, should occur prior to 30 June 2013., and
indeed could happen either on-list or preferably formally as a motion as an
Agenda item at our June Meeting  and I propose that there is no change in
this current appointment of our Secretariat arrangement and that the
Internet Society of Hong Kong continue in this role at this time... and
advise the list that I am happy to 'Put such a Motion' to the June APRALO
Meeting.

--
Cheryl Langdon-Orr (ISOC-AU Chapter ALS).
*Cheryl Langdon-Orr ...  **(CLO)*