[APAC-Discuss] Fwd: [Finance-sc] Meeting Invitation / FBSC meeting in April- Urgent

Rinalia Abdul Rahim rinalia.abdulrahim at gmail.com
Fri Apr 19 03:49:38 UTC 2013

Hi Holly.

*On New Budget Request for FY14*

My position on APrIGF is that if the community wants it and if there is a
"champion" willing to do the work in drafting a proposal and shepherding it
through the ICANN processes while meeting all the deadlines, then I think
you should proceed with a request.  Note that based on precedence, any
funding support (if at all) is likely to be partial.

*APRALO Workshop @ IGF Bali*

I believe I saw a document from ICANN Finance on the Fast Track budget
requests where APRALO's request for the IGF in Bali will be given partial
support (i.e, support for 3 people).  This is of course not ideal, but
after the success of our Policy Roundtable in Beijing, the ICANN IDN VIP
Team is interested in collaborating with us on a joint workshop at IGF -
they had fielded a proposal on a similar topic to the IGF.  If we
collaborate, I think the funding issue can be addressed fully - I will get
confirmation on this.  I am in the midst of revising the workshop proposal
and design for the IGF based on the experience in Beijing.  I think the
number of role players can be reduced to 6 and have received good feedback
on suitable experts for the panel.  I will float the revised proposal when
ready and I am mindful that the IGF deadline for the full proposal is 30
April.

Best regards,

Rinalia