[APAC-Discuss] Draft Statement on Compliance Issues within ICANN:@

Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 04:28:22 UTC 2013

I should also add that there were two documents that I had sent through and only one of thee two is the proposed statement.

Please feel free to suggest edits and revisions. The argument that is being made is that current trends predict future response, irrespective of inserting provisions within the Registrar Accreditation Agreement (RAA).

The removal of the Bulk Whois Reporting System and non responsive nature to existing requests are threats to ordinary end users and threaten the capacity of the enforcement of these contracts as far as false WHOIS is concerned.

The RAA revision is good but other aspects of the compliance system need to be addressed as well such as the weakening of existing compliance tools. In this instance, we are highlighting our concern over the weakening of some of these processes.

Please feel free to suggest revisions to the current text.

Kind Regards,
Sala
Sent from my iPad