[APAC-Discuss] Request for Comments #IOC RCRC

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 22:47:00 UTC 2012

Dear All,

This is in response to call for feedback from ALAC Liaison officer, Alan
Greenberg to the GNSO on the GNSO Red Cross/IOC matter through an email
sent to the ALAC on September 19, 2012. The GNSO has put out a consensus
call and is soliciting responses prior to September 26, 2012.  The context
of the request for feedback is to gather and feed our input as ALAC for the
IOC-RC Draft Team as they prepare their list of recommendations and options
to the GNSO.

      I.        Is a PDP necessary to resolve the International Olympic
Committee and the Red Cross Red Crescent Movement issue?

     II.        Should there be a moratorium placed on the registration of
exact matches of IOC/Red Cross names contained in the GAC recommendation of
September 15, 2011 at the second level in the first round of new gTLDs
pending results of the PDP covering IGO names, IOC/RC names and other
International organizations?

 These are Draft Submissions that I have made on the matter and invite your
feedback before I finalise the same and send to the ALAC. I will be
finalising my submissions within 48 hours.

Kind Regards,

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
P.O. Box 17862