[APAC-Discuss] Draft Trans Pacific Partnership Agreement on IP

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Sun Sep 9 07:14:08 UTC 2012

> Hmmm, helluva thing.....wonder what the fellas in South Korea, China and
> India are thinking?

Korea has signed the FTA with US so may well be on the way to join the
negotiation perhaps after Japan's formal participation.

India is not a Pacific country geographically but it all depends on
interpretation.

China has strongly felt that it is being surrounded by this
"partnership" net by its long Pacific coast. Although China has
expressed its interested in at least observing the negotiation at last
APEC summit in November 2011, it was turned down. It is unlikely that
China would be welcome in at the APEC summit right now in Russia.

Hong