[APAC-Discuss] Beijing APRALO Showcase

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 13 15:03:08 UTC 2012

Hi Edmon and All,

Some thoughts to add to Edmon/Hong and Maureen's ideas:

*Part 1*

   - Verify contact details of all ALSes;
   - Have an APRALO  meeting with Heads of all ALSes; [conference call]
   - Talk to the ALSes and find out what are two most important things for
   them;
   - Create long term development strategy for APRALO and launch it at the
   Showcase;
   - Identify representative from each ALS to liaise between APRALO and ALS
   on planning matters;
   - Pre-warn the ALSes of dates so they can make arrangements and book
   flights in advance;

*Part 2*

   - We need to preserve the diversity in APRALO and emphasize the
   diversity, that is Arab/Asia/Australasia/Pacific components;
   - Use the preparation time as a chance to build relationships with the
   ALSes;

   - Create booths around to showcase the different ALSes - allocate spaces
   where they can set up displays etc;
   - Each ALS can have a 2 min video loop;
   - Create and identify youth within all the ALSes and identify means of
   organising a Youth Forum for seamless immersion of youth;