[APAC-Discuss] REMINDER/ APRALO Teleconference - Tuesday, 22 May 2012 @ 05:00 UTC

Keith Davidson keith at internetnz.net.nz
Sun May 20 20:57:36 UTC 2012

No, GMT does not change when the UK moves into daylight saving time, so
currently GMT is 1 hour different to the time in the UK, and this
rectifies in winter. GMT was replaced by UTC in the early 1970's as I
recall, and it is fairly much a cling to the empire that keeps the
concept of GMT alive.

There is a small difference in time between GMT and UTC, sometimes a few
parts of a second, as "leap" seconds are recorded differently. But
whether or not your "clock" is set to UTC or GMT, you will arrive at the
right meeting at the right time, all year round if you consider them
interchangeable...

Cheers

Keith