[APAC-Discuss] Fwd: [ALAC] Final ALAC Statement on Preliminary Issue Report on ‘Thick’ Whois

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Wed Jan 4 00:05:24 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone

This is Alan's final email including a link to the ALAC statement on WHOIS.  As his comments make clear, this is just the first step.  The next steps will probably include a PDP - and a discussion in all the RALOS on the privacy issues this raises.

But this was a good first step.

What is next is the webinar (ICANN staff??) on WHOIS for those following the issue.  I know I put my hand up for arranging a time but Heidi/Matt/Silvia - probably better if ICANN manages sending out the Doodle.  And for those interested, please reply.  It will be good background for the ongoing discussions.

Kind regards

Holly Raiche
h.raiche at internode.on.net

Begin forwarded message: