[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Elections - URGENT

Holly Raiche h.raiche at internode.on.net
Sat Aug 4 06:53:05 UTC 2012

Hi Everyone

Just a reminder of the schedule below for elections.

>> *1. Nominations Open:*  24 July 2012
>>
>> *2. Nominations Close:*  7 August 2012
>>
>> *3. Nomination Acceptance Deadline:* On or before 10 August 2012
>>
>> 4. *RALO selection*: Between 10-15 August 2012 (this may include a vote
>> if desired)
>>
>> *5. Result Announced: *15 August 2012
>> ·
As Pavan's email notes, the positions  that end in 2012 are:

- APRALO rep to ALAC:  Edmon currently holds this position but has advised CLO that he does not wish to continue in that role At-Large Delegate to the NomCom. (ALRALO only recommends to ALAC.  It is ALAC that appooints).

- Siranush's term expires at the AGM in October.  She is eligible for reelection (and the recent report from ALAC says she has done a very good job).

EDMON - PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER YOU ARE STEPPING DOWN AS APRALO REP TO ALAC
CHARLES - PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER YOU WANT TO RESUME YOUR POSITION AS ACTING CHAIR AFTER SEPTEMBER
SIRANUSH - PLEASE CONFIRM WHETHER YOU ARE PREPARED TO SERVE ANOTHER TERM

So everyone.

The positions that are open are the ALAC AP regional nomination to NOmCom (Siranush is eligible for one more term)

The nomination process can either be self nomination or nomination by someone else.

My nomination for the AP regional nominee to NomCom is Siranush (If she is willing to stand)

APRALO rep to ALAC (I have told CLO I am willing to stand for this.  If I do, them we will need someone to step into my VC role until my term ends in June 2013)

Holly