[APAC-Discuss] URGENT - JIG Response to ICANN Board Resolution on Single Character IDN TLDs

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 09:31:49 UTC 2011

Made slight edits to the wiki and the first two paragraphs:

Further to the August 2011 Board Meeting where it was specified that Single
Character IDN TLDs not be included in the first round, APRALO would like to
invite the Board to re-consider to create an exception for  Single
Character IDN TLDs.

The language scripts within the Asian Australasian Pacific region commonly
utilise single characters as meaningful words/terms/ concepts. These
language scripts include and is not limited to Chinese (Hanzi, Han),
Vietnamese (Han Tu), Japanese (Hiragana, Katakana, Kanji), Korean (Hangul)
etc.

Sala (Fiji)