[APAC-Discuss] Single Character IDN TLDs exclusion from first round: Impact on Asian Australasian Pacific Region [Consultations]

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 19:13:04 UTC 2011

Dear All,

Warm Greetings from the Pacific! It is cyclone season here in Fiji and
hopefully, we will not see any cyclones. Some of you may recall that Cheryl
has posted on the At Large Workspace for Joint ccNSO and GNSO Working Group
on Single Character IDN TLDs on the 21st November, 2011. [See:
https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+Workspace+for+Joint+ccNSO+and+GNSO+Working+Group+on+Single+Character+IDN+TLDs+-+November+2011
]

The August 2011 Board meeting, where the Board specified that Single
Character IDN TLDs not be included in the first round.

This will be discussed within the ALAC in under 24 hours and if there are
any comments or points that you would like us to keep a track of please let
us know. If in the past submissions have been made, let us know too so that
we can refer to that. Please take the time to urge your respective
organisations, that is ALS to examine the Work Space which I have sent the
link and translate the impact to them so that they can respond.

Kind Regards,

--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala

Tweeter: @SalanietaT