[APAC-Discuss] PACINET 2011

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 21:58:58 UTC 2011

Hi Sala,

Did the participants find areas that they could relate to or
contribute to with respect to the ICANN presentation or is there a
need to help ICANN deliver region specific need based content so that
the internet community there can better engage with ICANN?

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 1:43 AM, Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro
<salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com> wrote:
> Dear All,
>
> This is to advise that the Pacific Community have converged at American
> Samoa for the PACINET Conference. ICANN made a Presentation yesterday.
> There have been some interesting speakers such as Thomas Duffy from the
> Center of Internet Security, and there are quite a few people who are in
> various sectors of ICANN who are represented at this meeting. The Head of
> ICT Sector which the Secretariat of the Pacific Community (SPC) that is
> mandated by governments within the 22 Pacific Countries and territories to
> provide policy advice to its members which are government. APNIC is also
> here in full force. Civil Society is also well represented here.
>
> We had interesting sessions yesterday by NGOs in Samoa and Tonga who were
> harnessing the internet for development. Fa'alolo who is visually impaired,
> has a Masters Degree in Communications gave an awesome presentation and led
> by Gunela of ISOC Australia, they gave an awesome, inspiring presentation
> on making the internet a friendly place for persons with disabilities and
> made references to w3c etc.
>
> Today at the PACINET, we have Internet Governance for the whole day. APNIC
> is hosting trainings at the PACINET on IPv6 and DNSSEC. I am also doing
> some outreach for APRALO had brought a few brochures with me from Dakar
> (should have brought more) and will hand it out when I speak.
>
> Warm Regards,
>

> --
> Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala
>
> Tweeter: @SalanietaT