[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Showcase - some points for discussion

Sivasubramanian M isolatedn at gmail.com
Wed May 4 20:20:12 UTC 2011

Hello,

The NARALO showcase was more like a Key Note Address event. It was a very
good show.

We could think of different ideas for the APRALO show case.

1) The APRALO showcase could be a visual showcase + reception Centre open
for at least two days, like the Verisign Stall at San Francisco. This could
be available as a lounge for those from Asia Pacific Region and for guests.
We could ask ICANN to set aside a place for us to set up an APRALO stall,
which could display photographs of activities of the ALSs in the region, if
we have enough to showcase, and if we can engage someone to attend to the
stall. Otherwise this may not be a good idea. (The focus during this ICANN
meeting is APRALO, but we could also display summary information about the
activities of other RALOs, and in the next showcases, the same convention
could be followed by other RALOs)

2) The Event - the meeting part of the event - could be so designed to bring
together everyone from the Asia Pacific region + guest from other regions,
not merely participants of At Large.

3) The idea could be expanded as that of an Asia Pacific showcase organized
by APRALO rather than being a APRALO showcase.

Sivasubramanian M

http://isolatednetwork.com
facebook: http://is.gd/x8Sh
LinkedIn: http://is.gd/x8U6