[APAC-Discuss] Urgent: Non-Com

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Mon Jul 18 04:51:39 UTC 2011

Thank you for sending this out  Pavan and I do hope  Vivek might consider
serving a second term on the NomCom and of course that others may wish to
put themselves forward...  However I beg to differ with the last part of the
proposed methodology in your email where it is proposed a vote within APRALO
would be utilized if there are several nominees...  You see as it is ALAC
that appoints and that as a way pf involving APRALO  in that asks for any
recommendations we might wish to make... ALAC  can ( and has in the past
appoint outside of any recommendation(s) made by a Region  and so I would
propose that any and all names of nominees we wish to out forward to the
ALAC  are just  sent on to the Chair of the ALAC  rather than have any
'regional vote to reduce a list of greater than one nominee...  And we also
need to note that ALAC  could still appoint someone we have not put forward
should they wish to....

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)