[APAC-Discuss] APRALO Proposed Text for Joint ccNSO and GNSO Working Group on Single Character IDN TLDs

Salanieta T. Tamanikaiwaimaro salanieta.tamanikaiwaimaro at gmail.com
Sat Dec 31 08:32:24 UTC 2011

Dear APRALO,

This is to advise that we had invited people to comment on the APRALO
proposed text for Joint ccNSO and GNSO Working Group on Single Character
IDN TLDs. We made a request to the ICANN staff to have the issues
translated into the various UN languages including Japanese and Korean to
enable all to be able to participate in the call for comments. For those
who wrote in, thank you for your emails etc.

This is to advise that the ALAC Chair is preparing to send an ALAC
statement on the matter based from the information on the Wiki page:
https://community.icann.org/x/rQPPAQ

We also thank Cheryl for initiating the draft.  We were advised that the
ALAC voted in favour of supporting
the JIG-WG's letter to the ICANN Board and that when discussing the matter
at the ALAC call on 22 November 2011 and again on the ALAC call
on 20 December 2011, it was clear that the vote from the ALAC was that of
support for the JIG-WG's letter. I advise that I was not present during
that call although I made attempts to try to wake up at 0400 GMT +12.

The APRALO proposed Text we are happy to announce has been accepted by the
ALAC and the Chair will be sending the text to the following people:-

- The Chair of the ICANN Board
with copies to:
- The Board Secretary
- The Chair of the ccNSO
- The Chair of the gNSO
- the ALAC ccNSO Liaison
- the ALAC gNSO Liaison
- ALAC Staff

We thank you all for your active participation in having the texts sent to
your various members and also for those who have contributed and commented
via email or verbally etc.

Best Regards,
--
Salanieta Tamanikaiwaimaro aka Sala