[APAC-Discuss] Internet Governance across cultures: Asia Pacific Region as a microcosm of the World of Diversity Regional interests in a global setting

Norbert Klein nhklein at gmx.net
Thu Apr 28 06:52:38 UTC 2011

Very important - fir example "Asia Pacific is a region of diverse
ethnicities of numerous languages, languages that are not etymologically
related unlike the languages in the Europe and Americas."

For technical reasons - UNICODE, iDNS, ccTLDs and gTLDs im other scripts
than ASCII, some discussion and work had to be accepted to be
"unavoidable" - but there are may underlying aspects beyond the
technical which are important.

We are far from the ISOC slogan "the Internet is for everyone" - and
this not only in terms of network accessibility.

Norbert Klein
President - ISOC-KH

--
Since 3 April 2011, The Mirror with reports and comments from Cambodia -
originally since 1997 based on daily translations from the Khmer

But I started a new personal blog:

...thinking it over... after 21 years in Cambodia
http://www.thinking21.org/

continuing to share reports and comments from Cambodia.

Norbert Klein
nhklein at gmx.net
Phnom Penh / Cambodia