[APAC-Discuss] ALS Application: Netmission.ASIA

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Tue Apr 5 23:24:05 UTC 2011

Hi Siva  what goes into being an ALS application form for ICANN is  decided
by ALAC and approved / negotiated with ICANN (usually Legal advise the Board
on this)  and ALAC go through considerable work with ICANN Legal  on
ramifications, purpose and effect of any such changes to ALS application
forms and the processes associated with them...

FYI  the last major overhaul of this system and forms  started in 2007 at
the LA Meeting  and was completed in 2008... and was in part responding to a
matter of complaint (against ALAC) that had been dealt with by the then
ICANN Ombudsman... and it is from his recommendations  that we also strive
so carefully to review ALS applications in such a timely manner and have in
the public record the status and progression of received applications.

So if a Region (such as APRALO)  believe  changes  to or additional
information is desirable to assist in the role that the RALO Officers have
in conducting their part in the Regional Advice on an ALS applicant
 (which is done after the Due Diligence phase), then the way to get this to
happen is to request the RALO  to have these suggestions and
the rational etc.,  for them  brought  forward  to the ALAC and to request a
process of ALS application form (and possible processing standards etc.,)
 set for a formal review...

Do let me know if I can assist APRALO with doing any of that...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)