[APAC-Discuss] Extension of Nomination Period for APRALO ALAC Representative Elections

Fouad Bajwa fouadbajwa at gmail.com
Mon Sep 20 08:38:06 UTC 2010

I am also delighted that Edmon agreed to be nominated for this role
and I would also like to support his nomination. We now have two
nominations and I wish both Edmon and Siva good luck!

On Monday, September 20, 2010, Cheryl Langdon-Orr <langdonorr at gmail.com> wrote:
> I am delighted  to inform the list that Mr. Edmon Chung  from ISOC-HK  has
> indicated to me via Skypew that he would be delighted to accept nomination
> for the role of APRALO representative to the ALAC to replace the position
> being vacated by Vivek in December this year.
>
> As a founding member representing his ALS for the region and whose support
> in his facilitation and supply of our secretariat services from our
> formation, as well as his experience and high profile contributions as
> GNSO Councillor (his term ends at the  December Meeting so he can transition
> easily)  as well as his key contributions to Cross Community WG's in ICANN
> responsible for IDN's  and of course his pivotal work and contributions to
> recent IGF regional and main meeting(s) {and here is so much more}  I firmly
> believe he would be highly respected, effective and ideal ALAC
> representative for our region on the ALAC and one that will further the
> regional profile and our specific needs in all we do in ICANN and At-Large.
>

> Cheryl Langdon-Orr
> (CLO)
>

> On 16 September 2010 03:41, ICANN At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org>wrote:
>
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Upon the request of the APRALO Chair, Prof. Hong Xue, we are announcing a
>> one week extension of the Nomination Period for the position of APRALO
>> representative to the At-Large Advisory Committee.
>>
>> The new nomination deadline is 20 September 2010.  Nominees have until 27
>> September 2010 to accept their nomination.
>>
>> The revised election schedule is available on the 2010 APRALO Election Call
>> wiki (see:
>> https://st.icann.org/asiapac/index.cgi?2010_election_calls_apralo) and
>> below:
>>
>> 1. Call for election: The regional Secretariat will make a call for
>> election (no later than 16 August 2010)
>> 2. Nomination period: Nominations shall be accepted for five weeks after
>> the Secretariat calls for nominations (up to 20 September 2010)
>> 3. Acceptance deadline: The nominees need to accept their nomination no
>> later than seven days after the nomination period ends (27 September 2010)
>> 4. Election deadline: The election shall begin no later than one week after
>> the end of the acceptance deadline and end no later than two weeks later
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Seth Greene, Gisella Gruber-White,
>> Marilyn Vernon, Kristina Nordström
>> ICANN At-Large Staff

Regards.
Fouad Bajwa
Internet Governance Advisor
ICT4D Social Practitioner & Researcher
Member Multistakeholder Advisory Group (IGF)
Member Civil Society Internet Governance Caucus (IGC)
My Blog: Internet's Governance: http://internetsgovernance.blogspot.com/
Follow my Tweets: http://twitter.com/fouadbajwa
MAG Interview: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ATVDW1tDZzA