[APAC-Discuss] [EURO-Discuss] Announcement of At-Large selected voting Board Director candidates

Cheryl Langdon-Orr langdonorr at gmail.com
Sat Oct 30 21:46:57 UTC 2010

As the desired outcome is for a single seat to be occupied by someone
selected by At-Large  who is not selected on region or gender, but on the
stated criteria, there was no requirement to look to gender balance in the
slate...   However I hope you will be pleased to hear that female
applicant(s)  were in the 1st and second round deliberations that the
committee undertook...  But  YES we DO need to keep doing more to encourage
and attract highly qualified and dedicated women into leadership roles in
ICANN and certainly onto the Board  I know  the Chair of the 2011 Nom Com is
also very keen to see this as an outcome from their processes  (which do of
course need to try and address such matters of diversity).  For my part
 I'll be outreaching to my Women on Boards group here in Australia  when
that time comes to see if that helps...

Cheryl Langdon-Orr
(CLO)