[APAC-Discuss] RESULT: APRALO Poll on At-Large Board Director Candidates

Hong Xue hongxueipr at gmail.com
Sun Nov 28 07:22:02 UTC 2010

Dear Colleagues,

APRALO Poll has been completely and result was announced on November 26.
Please refer to my following announcement on the result.

Number of voters: 7 · Group size: 19 ·

Sébastien Bachollet 57.14%
Alan Greenberg       42.86%
Pierre Dandjinou      0%

With Sébastien having received more than 50% of first preferences in count
1, or 4 out of a total of 7 votes, it was not necessary to go to a second
count.

After the poll was close, two ALSes that did not participate the poll wrote
to me and staff to indicate their preferred candidates. These two ALSes are:

Pakistan ICT Policy Monitor, supporting *Sébastien Bachollet *; and,

Internet Users Society Niue, represented by Per Darnell since November 26,
supporting *Alan Greenberg*.

Given that the purpose of the poll is to let all the ALSes to openly express
their views, both "belated" messages were equally accepted, recored and *
COUNTED*.

Therefore, totally 9 (7+2) ALSes indicated their preferences. 5 (4+1) prefer
*Sébastien Bachollet,  *4 (3+1) prefer *Alan Greenberg*.

Under such counting, Sébastien still received more than 50% of first
preferences in count 1, or 5 out of a total of 9  votes, it was not
necessary to go to a second count under STV.

I hope I've made whole process extremely transparent and ease any doubt
about unfairness.

For whatever reason, any one is welcome to comment whether you want to
either replace me in the vote or remove me from chair position, or both.

Regards

Hong Xue

--
Dr. Hong Xue