[APAC-Discuss] Fwd: ALAC BoD Candates

James Seng james.seng at gmail.com
Mon Nov 1 01:44:19 UTC 2010

1. I know Avri well enough to say she is in my list of people whom I
will support as ALAC Board Candidate.

2. I understand that BCEC has spent many hours deliberating and
evaluating different candidates (21 candidates as I was aware of).

I haven't follow every detail of BCEC so I am not sure if they have
been tasked to ensure regional and gender distribution of the board as
part of their selection criteria. If they have, then I would support
the petition as the candidate selections clear indicate a lack of
balance.

But if they are not tasked with that responsibility, then I would not.
If we feel BCEC have done their job appropriately based on the
requirements set prior, then it is likely the petition will not change
the outcome, but would only extend the process further.

-James Seng