[ALAC] Consensus Call on the At-Large Submission for the NETmundial+10 Consultation

Abdulkarim Oloyede oloyede.aa at unilorin.edu.ng
Wed Apr 10 17:33:08 UTC 2024

Hi,
The document is not editable.  It is a 10-page document and it is
difficult to point out specific edits outside of the document at this
stage.

I  agree with the response in general. However, regarding internet
fragmentation, I believe there is a need for the IGF to further emphasize
other forms of internet fragmentation rather than always focusing on
internet shutdowns. The should be Truly One World, One Internet. The
internet is also becoming fragmented due to different countries
implementing diverse regulations on its use, leading to disparities in user
experiences and content availability. Everyone, regardless of the country
where they are accessing the internet , should have access to the same
content and online experience.
For example, some countries ban the use of AI while others allow it,
creating discrepancies in technological advancements and access.
Additionally, the IGF needs to advocate for platform interoperability.
Companies should not be able to lock users into their platforms, as this
contributes to internet fragmentation.

AK