[ALAC] Extension of the deadline for Nominations for the ALAC Chair

Maureen Hilyard maureen.hilyard at gmail.com
Thu Jun 30 18:24:57 UTC 2022

Hi everyone

I am sure that Jonathan appreciates the great support for his nomination as
the incoming Chair, from his ALAC colleagues, as well as those from
At-Large.

While I had hoped that we had made it clear that our ALAC Rules of
Procedure allow for the possibility of anyone currently on the ALAC, or
even someone not currently a member of the ALAC but whose application via
NomCom could be successful and would therefore allow them to be in the
running, an extension of the nomination period has been requested and the
ALAC LeadershipTeam has agreed.

It is only the ALAC members who vote for their Chair (if a vote is
required) and it is traditionally accepted that any nominees must have some
standing within, as well as some comprehensive knowledge of, At-Large and
of ICANN as essential personal attributes. Nevertheless, the nomination
period will remain open until July 15.

I hope this resolves any issues of concern that have been raised relating
to our current election process.

Regards
Maureen